What is Time to Listen?
TTL is a workshop written by the CPSU in association with England Netball to support netball Club Safeguarding Officers with club players under 18. The workshop uses easy to follow, practical netball-related examples and case studies to enable you to fully understand your role in the club, and England Netball, and how you can effectively safeguard young people in your care.
TTL is developed by the Child Protection in Sport Unit of the NSPCC
How much does the course cost?
Cost to CSOs – £Zero! You reap the value, England Netball pays the costs.
Please note: EN regrets that it is unable to fund everyone, therefore non-CSOs are very welcome to attend but we have to charge a small administration fee of £30.
What will you learn?
The workshop includes the following topics:
- The roles and responsibilities of key people in the safeguarding process, and understanding how your role as a Club Safeguarding Officer fits into that;
- How England Netball supports you, and your club, in safeguarding matters;
- How England Netball’s reporting a concern procedure works – who & how to contact the right people;
- The importance of an ‘Aware Club’ – what it is and how you can implement it;
- How to involve young people in your club;
- How to develop best practice in your club;
- How government guidance/legislation relates to your role, and England Netball.
How to attend TTL?
Firstly, you must attend a Sportscoach UK ‘Safeguarding and Protecting Children’ course (SPC1), or equivalent, as Time to Listen builds on this prior learning.
Venue: Sparsholt College, Winchester, Hampshire SO21 2NF
Date: Thursday 6th December 2018
To book on, please complete the booking form below and return to:
England Netball, Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre, Bucks SL7 1RR